IEEE CEC'2017 Competition on Evolutionary Many-Objective Optimization
2017 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain June 5-8, 2017
The competition allows participants to run their own algorithms on 15 benchmark functions, with a number of 5, 10 and 15 objectives respectively. The purpose of this competition is to make it easier for comparative studies of different algorithms using the same platform. To run the competition, we provide an open-source MATLAB software platform - PlatEMO , which is open source and free to use. All the benchmark functions and experimental settings are embedded in PlatEMO. Participants can conduct simulations via a user-friendly GUI, and statistical results of the performance metrics can be directly generated by the software platform in the form of LaTex or Excel files. Details of the set of the test functions and experimental setups are available in a Technical Report . Interested participants are welcome to report their approaches and results in a paper submitted to the submission system of CEC'2017. Or alternatively, the results can be submitted in the form of a brief technical report, which should be sent directly to Ran Cheng or Miqing Li. Submissions in both forms will be considered as entries, therefore be ranked according to the competition evaluation criteria.
-  The PlatEMO software platform can be downloaded from here. To run the platform, please use MATLAB 2014b or higher version.
-  Ran Cheng, Miqing Li, Ye Tian, Xingyi Zhang, Shengxiang Yang, Yaochu Jin and Xin Yao. A Benchmark Test Suite for Evolutionary Many-objective Optimization. Complex & Intelligent Systems, 3(1): 67-81, 2017.
For participants planning to submit a paper to the 2017 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation:
- Paper Submission: 30 January 2017
- Decision Notification: 6 March 2017
Final Paper Submission: 15 April 2017
Note: Your are encouraged to submit your paper to the Special Session on Evolutionary Many-Objective Optimization.
For other participants (only result entry but without a paper):
Results submission deadline:
1 May14 May 2017
- Algorithm: MaOEA-CS (Many-objective evolutionary algorithm based on corner solution search)
- Participants: Haoran Sun, Chunyang Zhu, Xinye Cai
- Affiliation: College of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
- Algorithm: GSRA (Gradient stochastic ranking algorithm)
- Participants: Ye Chen, Xiaoping Yuan, Hui Sun, Peng Jin
- Affiliation: School of Information and Control Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology, China
- Algorithm: AGE-II (approximation-guided evolution II)
- Participant: Markus Wagner
- Affiliation: School of Computer Science, University of Adelaide, Australia
For full results, including source code, data sets and technical reports, please visit our repository.
University of Birmingham
University of Surrey
University of Brimginham